Digital x-rays were first used in dentistry in the early 1990s.
There are many benefits to digital x-rays, including:
- Less discomfort for the patient. Instead of bulky film, a small sensor is inserted in the mouth
- Images are instantly displayed on a computer screen, where they can be enlarged and manipulated. This allows patients to be more involved in their treatment and gain a better understanding of their oral health
- Improved diagnostic capabilities for dentists. Using the magnification capabilities of digital images, dentists get a better view and are more likely to spot small problems
- Easier transfer of x-rays to insurance companies and other dental professionals
- No need for harsh photo developing chemicals
Digital x-rays make diagnostic procedures easier and faster for you and your dentist. If you have any questions about this technology, we invite you to ask a member of our team.